Contact/Imprint | deutsch

The Saxony-Anhalt Museum Association

Museums Saxony-Anhalt

Municipal Museum Bad Kösen

Bad Kösen

Museen der Stadt Bad Kösen Romanisches Haus-Erdgeschoss Käthe-Kruse-Puppe

WERTS_uk_ls_ENDW

The Roman House (from approximately 1100) houses a permanent exhibition about the former Cistercian monastery gate, log driving on the Saale River, and Germany's northernmost viticulture on the rivers Saale and Unstrut. Particularly worth visiting is the exhibition Die Puppenwelt der Käthe Kruse ("Käthe Kruse's World of Dolls") on the upper floor of the adjacent art gallery, which features around 140 original dolls by the world-renowned doll designer. Käthe Kruse lived and worked in Bad Kösen from 1912 to 1950. Directly in front of the Roman House is a headframe, the still-functional remnants of the old brine pumping station from 1780. Within walking distance, in the neighboring park, is the Borlachschacht (or "Borlach Hoistway") from 1731 as well as a restored graduation house.